Monday, January 28, 2013

Living in a large complex has advantages...

In case anyone missed talking to my mother about the July & August weather in HK, I am here to tell you it is HOT. We are talking over 90 degrees with humidity to match. The meteorologists' on Channel 7 would have a hay-day describing the heat index here. I think they start calling something like 70% humidity "oppressive" in Ohio, well Ohio ain't got nothing on Hong Kong.

Anyways, my wonderful mother was nice enough to help us move from Ohio to HK. For the first 5 days, we lived in a hotel with one king bed and a twin size pull-out chair. If you are good at math, you realize this was too many people and too few beds. So we were already all a little grumpy, jet-lagged, and tired of sweating the minute we walked outside. We were so happy on moving day to see the swimming pool at our complex!

NaNa was brave enough to take the kids swimming during the day while I worked on moving stuff. Then in the evenings, after dinner, we would all go back out to swim again. Hong Kong generally only has a 5 degree difference in temp from sun up to sun down, so it was still a nice warm 92 degrees in the evenings:)

Our complex also had a "welcome back" pool party. Mark and the kids had a blast. It was decorated with all sorts of blow-up animals, a raft, buckets, water guns, and beach balls. We were really hoping to meet some new people here, but it was pure chaos! We also had Carson's school open house, so NaNa and I didn't want to mess our hair up, hence no swimming.

Here are some pictures of our pool and the kids prior to swimming.  I'm still working on uploading pictures without crashing my computer, I do have some really cute action shots of the pool party. Hopefully I can figure it out, or my wonderful husband could just buy me a properly working computer ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment